Thursday 5 August 2010

Cheesy Buttered Noodles

I'm going to try and do some more foodie posts now I'm going to be doing more cooking. This is a nice simple meal, ideal for one person when you can't be bothered to cook properly. Its not healthy or particularly pretty but it sure tastes good. I made this when Phil was working late earlier in the week so i was home alone.

Take a portion of egg noodles(i used Sharwoods) and cook in boiling water for approx 4 minutes.

While its cooking grate some cheese(I've used a mix of strong Cheddar and red Leicester.

Once cooked, drain the noodles, add 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle the cheese on top.

Stir in and voila, easy peasy meal in minutes. I like to add a little pepper to taste.
I'm upto day 4 on the 30 day tag. Your favourite book- I'll have to go with my childhood favourite Little Women, i love this book. A close second would be Pride and Prejudice.

7 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with gf pasta ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I'm going to try this - I couldn't decide what to have for dinner & you've just made up my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmmm this actually looks yummy!

    I found you blog and enjoyed reading so I've joined your followers :)

    If you get chance please check out my blog http://my-favourite-fashion.blogspot.com/ i'm holding a little vintage giveaway if you're interested xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Women is a great choice. One of my all time comfort reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo yummy! im craving noodles now lol!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I now blog at http://www.theygrowsoquick.com