Tuesday 1 June 2010

Review: Lavera Young Faces- Organic Mint Exfoliant Mask


Lavera Young Faces Organic Mint Exfoliant Mask for Oily and Impure Skin. I got mine from http://www.latestinbeauty.com/ as part of my sample pack.

Its Claims
May help eliminate impurities and remove dead skin cells.
Skin looks instantly refined and feels full hydrated.

The Product
I chose to try this mask as part of a sample pack from Latest in Beauty, i'm a sucker for masks, i like sachets as you can swap and change rather then having a bottle to work through. The mask is a green gel full of exfliating grains. There were no instructions how to use on the pack so i applied to my face and left for about 10 minutes before rinsing. In the sachet there was enough for two used but i decided not to use again.

What i liked
  • A totally natural and organic product.
  • Contains lovely sounding ingrediants including extracts of rosemary, thyme and juniper.
  • No animal testing.

What i didn't like
  • The medicinal smell.
  • No instructions on the packet!
  • The exfolating grains were very harsh and were really hard to remove so my skin didn't feel clean.
  • About 2 hours after using i looked in the mirror and my cheeks were really red and sore looking and this had turned into red dry looking scabs on my cheeks and round my mouth, really unattractive!

Would i use it again?
No! It was far to harsh to use on my face and made my skin react really badly. Obviously this is just in my experience but it really isn't for me. I had lots of product left over so i used the rest as a foot scrub and my feet felt lovely afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I now blog at http://www.theygrowsoquick.com